Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spring?

I find that spring has sprung early for Indiana. I have found at least two leaks in the roof Of the RV. It is 7:14 p.m. and darkness has already descended on the world and I am driving into town to get a tarp. I'm going to attempt to put a tarp on tonight as I get back to the house. I don't really have the weather to seal up the roof with anything permanent but a tarp might help to avert some of the rain for at least this week.


Wish me luck.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

5 comments:

  1. Time to get a few dry days, a Ez Up Awning to set over the top of the unit, and a heat lamp.

    Warm it up, clean it up, then put some eternabond tape down over it. Fastest sealing solution possible.

    I had to do a similar repair back in December one year, ended up doing kind of what I described above, but had to use snow roof to reseal, kept an electric heater pointed at it and running for several days to get the snow roof to cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies if I am, but if basic repair costs are pushing beyond your means, you may need to find a supplemental income source.

      With everything in perfect working order, I figure that bare minimum weekly income needs to be $300 after taxes to make RV living feasible, (This is in a state with no sales tax) Trust me, I've been doing this for 4 years with an on/off work (I work a year then spend 6 months drawing unemployment, then work another year).

      Most workamping jobs usually also assume the person taking them has an additional source of income (Pension, SSD, SSI, 401k, etc..), as most rarely pay much in the way of wages outside of yer basic boarding.

      Delete
    2. What l lack in means I more than make up for with my resourcefullness.

      You will see I am the embodiment of frugality.

      Delete
  2. It sure didn't hit early this year in Indiana. This seemed like the Winter that would never leave. I am glad that summer is finally here.

    ReplyDelete