Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hungry Ghost

Buddhists have a philosophy called the hungry ghost. The hungry ghost is the little voice inside your head that says, “oooh we need that gadget/shoes/game.” The hungry ghost is the consumer in us that is never satisfied no matter how much junk we buy. Most of us just feed the hungry ghost till we are living check to check and hand to mouth. One of the reasons I want this RV is to shrink the stomach of my hungry ghost. If I have less room to put stuff I will be more reluctant to waist my money on junk… is the theory. The real mind screw is when you realize that the RV itself is feeding the hungry ghost.
I recently sold two whole things on the facebook garage sale group. I unloaded the couch and old television and instantly I felt remorse… sellers remorse, if there is such a thing. There is no reason why I should have any feeling for that couch as it is an inanimate object but feeling exist none the less. I didn’t think it would be so hard to give up my stuff but now I have come to a standstill on selling my stuff. Partly I have come to a halt because of the facebook groups popularity makes it hard to get my stuff noticed. The group feels like standing in a gymnasium full of other people and everyone is screaming what items they want to sell. I may just have to burn it all.

this is the RV I am wanting but I don't expect it to wait around for me =( 

No comments:

Post a Comment